Ad

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Random Thoughts

I saw Woody Allen's latest, To Rome With Love the night before last. It had some funny moments - some of the scenes of the opera staged with the singer in a shower were hilarious - but it was too fragmented and uneven. Also, it was hard to tell what it was really about; was it a rumination on fame? Or the shallowness of relationships? It certainly wasn't really about Rome, or what the people of Rome were really like. it could have been set in London or Paris just as easily.


Adobe is doing a free webinar on Speedgrade today. You could probably still sign up for it: Upcoming: SpeedGrade webinar for editors


It would seem that teenage daughters have no interest in seeing the latest Bourne movie.


With summer temperatures in my house remaining high, my MacBook Pro is still getting hot, but I havent really had problems with the trackpad since it was misbehaving the other day. BUT I've been rather nervous about it. That's a problem with gear; when you start distrusting it, it's done for.


Zacuto has released part III of the Revenge Of The Great Camera Shootout 2012


Watched Jaws on Blur-ray. It seemed more colorful and vibrant; perhaps slightly too much at points. But at least it wasn't as bad as what they did to North By Northwest, where the colors seemed way too artificial. I need to get the old DVD out and do a side-by-side to see how big a difference there is, but it certainly seems to be there. The box says it has six times the resolution of the DVD.


Why does it take so long for Blu-ray discs to load? That's a real party killer.


Now that the Olympics are over, I can get rid of my TV box. I've decided I don't watch enough TV to keep it, and want to see how much I'll save. Of course, I kept it until the Olympics, and watched hardly any of the events.


"we could radio in and get a bigger boat"

No comments: